Obesity is one of the most common health problems in the world today. It is also quite harmful as it can lead to a number of other health complications. Research also shows that obesity can also be a causative factor of erectile dysfunction.
The Links between Obesity and Erectile Dysfunction
A study has shown that obesity can make a major impact on the sexual health of men. In the study, 2435 male patients suffering from sexual problems were studied. Among the participants, the average age was 52. Their weights are given below.
- 41% of them were of normal weight.
- 42.4% of them were overweight.
- 12.1% of them were obsessed.
- 4% of them were severely obese
The participants had to undergo different tests including blood tests. Doppler ultrasound tests were also performed on their penile region was also performed to measure the blood flow in their penises. A mental health questionnaire was also completed by all of them.
The study highlighted a number of links between the weight of an individual and his sexual performance. The degree of obesity is related to the testosterone levels in the man. An increase in the severity of the obesity will decrease the levels of testosterone in the body.
According to the study, the mental health of an obese individual is also affected. However, the effects are due to the conditions that are related to the obesity problem such as high blood pressure or hypertension. High blood pressure is also responsible for the abnormal flow of blood in the penile region. The impact of obesity on sexual function in men stems from the physical aspect of the health condition.
Lifestyle Changes To Combat ED Caused By Obesity
As obesity can lead to erectile dysfunction, it is important that changes are made to your lifestyle so that this scenario does not arise. Moreover, by bringing about changes in your lifestyle, you may be able to restore your sexual function without having to use medications from Canadian Health&Care Mall.
- Exercise: You cannot escape the importance of exercise in getting rid of excess fat. A proper exercise regimen can help you lose weight quickly and keep your body fit. More importantly, exercise can improve the blood flow in your body which is crucial for achieving an erection.
- Diet: The diet that you should follow should be a balanced one. Of course, you will have to follow a stricter diet when you are still obese. Ultimately, you should end up having a balanced diet.
- Smoking: When you are obese, your blood vessels will be constricted leading to a poor blood flow. The nicotine in cigarettes can constrict the vessels further. This makes it harder for the penis to get the blood needed to achieve an erection. Therefore, you must quit smoking as soon as possible.
Other Medical Conditions That Can Cause ED
Obesity is just one of the medical conditions that can cause erectile dysfunction. Here are some of them.
- Neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis, stroke, and Alzheimer’s diseases;
- Kidney diseases;
- Diseases of the blood vessels such as blocked arteries and high blood pressure.;
- Hormonal problems;
- Injuries to the penile region;
Some of these diseases are certainly related to obesity as well as erectile dysfunction. Therefore, you need to ensure that you are following the right lifestyle and taking the proper precautions. After all, you will not want to end up dependent on medications for your erectile dysfunction problem.
Treatment Options for ED
There are many treatment options available for erectile dysfunction. Before opting for any treatment, you should consult with a doctor, however. After all, there can be health risks you are u
- Counseling: This is the option to choose when the cause for your ED is psychological.
- Oral Medications: Oral medications are one of the most effective ways to treat erectile dysfunction. Medications like Viagra, Cialis and Levitra are easily available at Canadian Health&Care Mall.
- Injections: This method is used in some cases where oral medications do not work. They are less effective.
- Vacuum Pumps: These can be effective when used properly.
- Penile Implants: This method has a high success and satisfaction rate. However, they are permanent. Therefore, you cannot get rid of them.