The most common problem in male sexual health is erectile dysfunction. Many factors that contribute to this condition include hormones, depression, relationship problems and other physical or psychological related issues.
Seeing your Doctor is Important
While erectile dysfunction may be treated with over the counter medications, it is also necessary to see a doctor for a further check-up. For instance, if you have any other disease like cardiovascular disease or diabetes, the condition may not be able to get better with just one prescription. Most of the time, it includes improving your overall health. Doctors will likely prescribe treatments based on a patient’s condition besides the erectile dysfunction itself.
A common treatment medication is Viagra, which you can find in Canadian Health Care Mall. The online store provides a complete range of options to treat erectile dysfunction. However, if you prefer a non-drug treatment, there are some alternatives to try.
These treatments use herbs instead of drugs or surgeries:
- Ginseng: Ginseng is commonly known for its ability to boost energy and mood. It is also a natural Viagra. Red ginseng, or Panax ginseng, has been thoroughly researched by scientists and the result is that it is surprisingly effective. Red ginseng was studied in 2008 and the report showed that regular consumption of ginseng is effective to treat erectile dysfunction.When given 100 mg per day for 3 months, 35 men were able to get their normal condition back. They were reported to have an improved sexual function.
- DHEA: DHEA stands for Dehydroepiandrosterone. It is a hormone that will be converted to testosterone or estrogen. DHEA is produced by adrenal glands. Many dietary supplements come from soy or wild yam. A study conducted in 1999 took 40 men to participate – 20 of them consumed DHEA 50 mg while the other half had a placebo each day. After being monitored for 6 months, the DHEA group had better erections and improved health.
- L-Arginine: The amino acid contained in L-Arginine helps to produce nitric oxide. This property facilitates the erection in men. A study done in 1999 proved that men who took 5 grams of the ingredient per day saw a significant increase in their sexual function. When combined with pycnogenol, the sexual health increased up to 80%.Pycnogenol is a plant-based product made from bark. It restores men’s sexual health after being taken regularly for 60 days.
- Acupuncture: In 1999, acupuncture was tested as a treatment for erectile dysfunction. The result proved that patients receiving this treatment improved their sexual health quality, especially concerning erections. The activity was also restored up to 40%. Participants who received acupuncture therapy were reported to be potentially increasing their sexual health quality.
- Other natural treatments: There are many alternatives to therapies that one can take, including supplement consumption. For men who have low zinc, the supplement may also help to promote sexual health. Other herbs like Indian ginseng have also been used in some parts of the world. Many traditional therapies are used worldwide, but some of them may not be scientifically proven to be effective. But for some reasons, people still opt for some of these options because of the low side effects they may contain.
- Healthy habits: Apart from any other medication that you may try, the most important thing is to have a healthy lifestyle. Impotency may be caused by unhealthy habits such as alcohol or drug abuse. This can lead to worse cases and increased health risks. It is advised to change your lifestyle and make healthier choices and not be driven by your emotions as these can also affect your sexual health condition.
Consult with the Doctor
If you experience erectile dysfunction, it is important to consult with a specialist so you may know how to treat the condition. Most of the problems that cause erectile dysfunction are treatable with a variety of options. You should find out which medication works best for you.
If you prefer FDA approved medications, you can visit Canadian Health Care Mall for your supplements and drugs. The mall provides a one-stop shopping experience for those seeking treatments, especially for erectile dysfunction.