Excess weight is not just a physical disability, but a disease that prevents a person to lead a full life and may result in serious consequences.
Obesity is a weight gain due to fat deposits. Obesity is a chronic disease that can occur at any age. It manifests in excessive increase due to the accumulation of fat in the tissues of the body weight. The number of people with overweight and obesity in recent years is growing inexorably. As a result, the overall morbidity and mortality of mankind are increasing.
Obesity develops due to the lack of balance between the energy absorption and its expense. The action of the energy systems of our body is regulated by certain genes. Children of parents suffering from obesity have a genetic predisposition to this disease. That is why obesity in children is often a hereditary disease.
In addition to genetic factors predisposing to obesity, there are other factors leading to overweight:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- diseases related to the endocrine system;
- high susceptibility to stress;
- lack of sleep;
- administration of drugs containing psychoactive substances;
- violation of meals on the basis of mental disorders (psychological eating disorders – anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder).
Healthy people, unlike those who have a predisposition to excess weight, have two main factors which may lead to obesity: overeating and physical inactivity. An excessive amount of calories, which enter the body, is not consumed and deposited in fatty tissues. Often people choose a wrong obesity treatment, that’s why it’s important to know main facts about obesity.
According to statistics:
- Since 1980 the number of obese people doubled;
- in 2008 about 1.5 billion people over 20 years were suffering from excess weight;
- in 2010 the number of children in the world who have overweight has exceeded 40 million;
- women suffer from excess weight 2-3 times more often than men.
Causes of excessive weight gain
To begin to deal with the disease we need to know about its reasons. Let us examine the main causes of weight gain:
- Unbalanced nutrition is one of the main reasons why healthy people gain weight;
- Results of diseases which violated metabolism;
- While pregnancy woman often does not control the number of calories;
- Peculiarities of a body structure. A tall man with a thin bone is unlikely to face the extra weight compared to a person of low stature and big bones;
- The slow rate of fat burning;
- Overeating due to stresses. After the stressful experiences, people often start eating an uncontrolled number of sweet or fatty dishes.
Obesity is not profitable
Adverse effects of obesity are numerous. Here are the most common ones:
- Cardiovascular diseases. These include mainly atherosclerosis, hypertension, angina pectoris, coronary heart disease, heart failure, myocardial infarction, stroke. It is known that people suffering from obesity are predisposed to these diseases 2-3 times more than people with normal weight. Type II diabetes in obese patients is found in 8 times more than in lean people
- Violations of the musculoskeletal system. The extra kilos in the body are the extra load on the joints. Leg joints suffer mostly. They become weak. As a result, the joints become inflamed and swollen, causing pain. Also, the lower spine is affected. Due to the pressure, the spinal nerves are pressed. As a result, a person feels a strong pain in his back.
- Oncological diseases. Men have a higher risk of colon cancer and prostate cancer, women – the gall bladder, uterus and mammary glands.
- Degeneration of the liver. As a result of systematic overeating, the liver is overflowed by glycogen and all its cells are filled with fat.
- Reaction speed is reduced, thought processes are worsened, ability to analyze and synthesize is reduced.
- Breathing problems. Excess abdominal fat presses on the diaphragm because of reduced lung capacity. The result is pneumonia and bronchitis.
- Female health problems. In case of woman overweight, there is an overabundance of estrogen, which leads to problems with the menstrual cycle and conception. As for men, there is a decrease in sexual activity and sperm motility.
- Male health problems. Obesity is one of the most common causes of erectile dysfunction.
Getting rid of the extra kilos will bring significant relief to your body, increase the lifespan and slow the aging process. All you need is to understand that overweight is excess cells and excess products of your life, due to this there is a deterioration of organs and body systems. This causes many diseases that can be completely cured only by getting rid of excess weight. It’s more difficult for people with an overweight to treat diseases, including acute respiratory infections, flu, and pneumonia.
How to lose excess weight?
Before proceeding to the obesity treatment it’s necessary to:
- find out the cause of illness;
- determine your healthy weight using the body mass index;
- reduce intake of calories;
- increase fruits (except dense) and vegetables, nuts, whole grains intake;
- organize a schedule of meals;
- do physical exercises as often as possible. The lack of activity is the cause of many diseases. Physical activity improves a heart function, normalizes blood pressure, reduces a heart rate, muscular and nervous tension, improves blood circulation, makes a shape slim, provides optimal lung function, strengthens muscles and bones, improves mental faculties.
Weight loss pills can also be beneficial in obesity treatment. Order weight loss pills online at Canadian HealthCare Mall: Xenical, Mega Hoodia, Megathin, Slimfast, Yerba Diet and others. Be healthy!