According to doctors, Amoxicillin and alcohol are incompatible phenomena. Is it so? When taking Amoxicillin online, is it possible to drink alcohol without consequences or will they be so insignificant that they can be neglected?
For treatment to bring results, you need to follow rules of taking an antibiotic, do not prescribe it to yourself without a doctor, and also know the answer to the question: when you take Amoxicillin, can you drink alcoholic beverages? This answer will be given by Canadian Health Care Mall.
Amoxicillin with Alcohol: Consequences
It is known that alcohol-containing beverages consumption has a poisoning effect on the body, while liver, nervous system, digestive organs suffer the most. Once penetrating tissues, alcohol displaces drug. It is noted that therapeutic effect of amoxicillin is reduced, and sometimes reduces to zero.
Amoxicillin, like all antimicrobials, has side effects on the body:
- reducing body immunity and protective properties;
- provoking imbalance of useful and harmful bacteria in the intestine.
Its side effects combine undesirable effects of alcohol intake as if strengthening each other’s action.
In these cases, a person can experience:
- an allergy to amoxicillin, which increases interaction with alcohol and this drug. In severe cases, anaphylactic shock may occur, in which fatal outcome is possible.
- Amoxicillin with alcohol together can cause heart palpitations – tachycardia, to cope with which without another additional medication will be impossible.
- antibiotic action on the liver can become toxic if it is combined with an alcoholic beverage. In this case, decomposition products of alcohol and antibiotic are retained in the body due to slowed enzymatic liver activity, and drug concentration in tissues increases.
- alcohol has a property of hindering breathing, which coincides with an antibiotic side effect.
- the gastrointestinal tract is so susceptible to the negative influence of antibiotic in form of diarrhea, changes taste in mouth, vomiting, nausea, and alcohol significantly worsens the situation. In severe cases, toxic hepatitis occurs, as a result of which liver necrosis can lead to death.
- alcoholic drinks in combination with antibiotic cause anxiety, insomnia, dizziness, loss of consciousness and other disorders in the central nervous system.
When can I Drink Alcohol after Amoxicillin?
If we consider that amoxicillin action begins 2 hours after absorption and lasts 8 hours, alcoholic drinks are allowed to be taken the next day after the end of antibiotics course.
Amoxicillin online with alcohol can be combined only in rare cases, in small doses, but do not take chances. Taking amoxicillin, remember that its interaction with alcohol is highly undesirable.
Briefly about Amoxicillin
Amoxicillin from Canada is one of the antibiotics belonging to the group of semisynthetic penicillins that destroys pathogenic bacteria.
It successfully operates within two hours on such microorganisms as:
- E. coli.
There are amoxicillin and its analogs – amoxyl, flemoxin solutab, hiconcil, augmentin.
Antibiotics invention allowed to fight a variety of dangerous infections.
Thus, amoxicillin helps in the treatment of:
- intestinal infections;